The objective of this course is to help undergrad and postgrad students improve their writing ability to ensure their English writing skills do not let them down when preparing assignments, essays, coursework, dissertations, theses, etc. Throughout the course students will be given opportunities to produce essays and assignments, both short and long, in order to strengthen their writing skills whilst maintaining a focus on grammar and vocabulary..
This course is especially useful for MBA and postgraduate students. Final year undergraduate students will also benefit from honing their analytical writing techniques. By the end of this course, students will be able to compose compare and contrast essays, define and explain processes, construct effective persuasive essays, as well as write detailed cause and effect analyses.
- To be able to write well-organised essays using appropriate language and grammar
- Improve skills research skills and learn to find reliable sources to support your arguments
- The ability to focus your writing to the specific needs of your readers
- To appreciate the importance of proofreading your work and checking for accuracy
- Learning proper citation techniques to ensure all sources are appropriately cited and avoid plagiarism
- Review writing processes and the structure of an essay
- Idea generation techniques and resources
- Overview of grammar
- Translating your ideas into paragraphs and linking your paragraphs
- Dividing your writing into the three parts of an essay – introduction, body and conclusion
- Creating an outline of an essay
- Writing your essay
– Compare and Contrast
– Outlining a Process
– Cause and Effect
– Presenting Arguments
- Citing the references and sources included in your essay
- Proofreading your work and checking for errors
This program is offered on a one-to-one basis to ensure dedicated attention and customisation based on your specific needs. For a free consultation, please complete the form below and we will contact you right away.